Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1 Life, 3 families, and a whole community transformed!!!

It’s amazing to watch God’s plan unfold!!!!!
The first month or so in Haiti I wasn’t really sure why God had called me to Haiti, I felt as if I was striving and I just couldn’t find my niche. Don’t get me wrong, I was enjoying walking around the town, playing soccer with kids and talking to people but I could do that in the states. Well, this is where this house projects come in. For you who don’t know, my friend Nick Yates and I are doing three house projects in a countryside town called Parotie, it’s about a 30-45 minute motorcycle ride from my house. This is where the 1 life from above comes in, that one life is MINE. I can’t help but think of the words of

Jesus in Luke 12:6-7 which reads, “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.” It is also stated in Matthew 6: 26 which reads, “ Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”

That is a question that God is using to rock my world even as I type these words.

As I see God sovereignly provide for these people through sending me from a city of 3 million people, 3000 miles away, to a community of 100 people in the middle of nowhere.

The answer is an overwhelming YES!!!

3 families??? Yes… we are currently in the process of blessing 3 families with new homes: one of the homes is a family of 10, another is going to a family of 11, and the last one is going to a blind man and his family.

For the family of 10, the new house is at least 2 times bigger than their old house. (PS the new house is only about 300 sq.). I knew they were excited but there was still three questions I wanted to know: 1) have you been praying for a house? 2) If so for how long? 3) What does this house mean to your family?

The real question is: was I ready for the answers?

Had they been praying for a house? Yes, for 7 years!!!

What does this house mean to their family? His response was nothing but how much he and his family were so thankful and how they truly felt the love of God through receiving the blessing of a new house.



Before!!!!!




To bless these people with a roof over their head, walls, and doors, so that they can live in a comfortable environment. We want to take it a step further and step out in faith and not just build them a house, but also provide a bed for them to sleep on. We are stepping out in faith because as of now the houses are currently incomplete. We still need funds for the beds, doors, and few dozen bags of concrete. I hope that you would consider partnering with us and blessing these families. How often do we have a chance to change a family’s life forever?



AFTER!!!


Here’s what your money would be going to:

Beds = $200 per house which is 1 full and two twins per house

All 4 doors and windows = $225 per house

30 bags of cement = $225


Check out this video of one of the houses



We also have another family that we would like to bless. This family sold all of their livestock and unfortunately they could only get halfway done with their house. If you are interested in seeing how you can help them please let me know.

This community is being transformed by the love of Jesus Christ and His sovereign plan.













No comments:

Post a Comment